Tranq CD down! Eff improved! Int doubled! its 4.1 :D
We interrupt this broadcast with an important anounncement…..
Before I begin please allow me one brief moment of angst against the RNG. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have been pootling through BWD for 6-7 weeks now without a single piece of loot Kat could even roll on dropping. Last night my wife and I had to take a break from the weeks raid due to guests. Typically Magmaw dropped Incineratus, meh I thought would be nice but hey ho.
Then ODS drops the feral shoulders AND the resto shoulders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are no other druids (resto or otherwise) in the raid group and no rogues. To add insult to injury there were not even any enchanters (the usual is my wife who wasn’t there) so these pretty pixels didn’t go to someone who needed them, or even DE’ed to help the people that were there. No, they got vendored ><
I won’t say what I thought what I saw that in guild activity because children may read this post, suffice to say Kat was a sad bunny 😦
Back to the main stuff then,
Ok, ok the last “fact” of the title is, well, made up – we are not getting a double intellect buff. The rest is true though 🙂
This is looking to be a pretty good patch for us resto types, I will have a quick rundown of the changes then which are good and why.
- Efflorescence has a new spell effect and has been redesigned. It creates a healing zone at the feet of a Swiftmend target, but this healing zone now restores health equal to 4/8/12% of the amount healed by Swiftmend to the three most injured targets within 8 yards, every 1 second for 7 seconds. This periodic effect now also benefits from spell haste, but the individual ticks cannot be critical effects. In addition, Living Seed is no longer a prerequisite talent for Efflorescence. The initial change (spell effect) is meh, but the good stuff is what follows; eff now is a smart heal comparable to Divine Hymn for priests. Additionally it will also be affected by haste and with it having 7 ticks the breakpoint will be the same as WG (2004 haste), the removal of 3/3 living seed as a prerequisite frees some points to be shuffled around a bit.
- Lifebloom’s bloom effect has been reduced by 20%. This is a bit 😦 but really is a PvP change for all those who cried that resto is OP, combined with other changes with have seen in the past (such as regrowth refreshing LB) it is clear that the developers are trying to push us to keeping it ticking permanently for the clearcast procs rather than letting it bloom.
- Druids now innately have 100% pushback protection from damage while channeling Tranquility. Very nice, especially with the other tranq changes listed below. No more casting an 8min CD then losing some of it because you got hit by something.
- Malfurion’s Gift now reduces the cooldown of Tranquility by 2.5/5 minutes. Everyone should have this for the clearcast procs, now it reduces tranq as well to a more useful 3min cooldown instead of 8, I am now awaiting the nerf to tranq seeing as most resto druids will have it on a 3 min CD.
- Nature’s Swiftness now also increases the healing done by the affected nature spell by 50%. A bit of a none entity as far as I am concerned, even with this buff healing touch will still only heal for a paltry amount; especially when balanced against a wasted talent point and a 3 min CD.
Overall we have a nice range of buffs to two of our AoE heals, this combined with WG already being quite good should smooth out any bumps we may have had in AoE heavy fights, especially the ability to pop tranq more often.
I am definitely looking forward to this patch 🙂