Talents and Glyphs
Part Two: Talents and Glyphs
Below is a general all round build for lower tier raiding and running 5 man heroics, it’s focused on mainly healing with LB (topped up by regrowth/healing touch) and using rejuvenation on the non tanks.
Talent Calculator – Wowhead (8/2/31)
- Glyph of Swiftmend (Swiftmend no longer consumes a HoT when used) – A very useful glyph that saves on mana and time, as you can pop SW every 15 seconds if you wish and need no reapplication of rejuvenation or regrowth.
- Glyph of Rejuvenation (Increases healing of rejuvenation by 10%) – Basic, no nonsense glyph, it increases the healing of one of our primary HoTs by 10%. Nothing else to say really.
- Glyph of Lifebloom (Increases crit chance of LB by 10%) – Primary heal for tanks get a 10% few crit buff. Again, a very basic and self explanatory glyph.
- Glyph of Wild Growth (WG affects 1 extra target) – Free heals! Seriously, with WG affecting 1 extra player it means that you heal more for the same mana cost. In a raid this is likely to be another player, but even if a 5 man group it can mean you are healing a pet that is helping with dps, because these days everyone seems to have a permanent pet out.
- Glyph of Rebirth (Rebirthed player is restored with 100% health) – A quick macro to cast rebirth on a tank, or a quick shortcut in the likes of healbot and this is awesome. If things are a little hairy and the tank is implaed, poisoned etc and you cant save him and the group, drop the tank insta-rez him with rebirth and quickly top up the group as the tanks hp is full.
- This last one is a bit of a personal preference really I think, if you use Nature’s Swiftness you may want Glyph of Healing Touch, for extra protection you may want Glyph of Barkskin. Personally I am using the HT one for progression through Firelands, the reduced NS time has been really useful.
Minor (not really as important but these are my choices)
- Glyph of Mark of the Wild (Reduces cost of MotW by 50%) – Saves mana, means you may not need to top up when you start an instances, wipe etc. Nothing uber but a little extra always helps 🙂
- Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth (Rebirth needs no reagent) – Awesome minor glyph, never again will you wipe due to frantically trying to cast rebirth after you ran out of reagents, this glyph just totally removes that possibility.
- Glyph of the Treant (Your ToL looks like a treant i.e. HOW IT SHOULD LOOK!) – Probably the most important glyph of all. Seriously. I mean who actually likes the new butt ugly tree of life form and wants to keep it looking that way?
To be continued with a discussion of the various healing spells available to us.